Foodland Super Market Ltd. is excited to welcome the West Oahu community to its much-awaited, brand-new, Foodland Farms Ka Makana Aliʻi store.
Opening its doors at 10 a.m. on July 15, 2020, Foodland Farms Ka Makana Aliʻi is West Oahu’s newest destination for food, a grocery shopping and dining. Try the new Foodland Chef Essentials – stock, marinades, dressings, spice rubs and more – when you want to cook or barbecue like a chef, or check out ready-to-take-home family meals when you don’t.
Consider it your new post-workout, post-beach, post-everything stop for fresh made-to-order bowls or burritos – all built to order, just the way you want them. And then there’s Mahi ‘ai Table, Foodland’s first-ever in-store, full-service restaurant, offering a delicious new twist on farm-to-table dishes, craft cocktails and more.
Located at The Grove at Ka Makana Aliʻi, a collection of lifestyle retailers, restaurants and services promoting healthy living, the new 32,000-square-foot Foodland Farms is a reimagined, full-service grocery store and chef-driven dining experience.
In addition to Foodland’s largest-ever selection of organic groceries, Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i offers an impressive range of Hawaii-grown, Hawaii-raised and Hawaii-made products and ingredients. The store’s abundance of healthy options includes freshly made juice, meat alternatives, gluten-free products, locally made grain-free granola and power bars, extra creamy Maika‘i ulu hummus, and keto and paleo-friendly foods.
“Our team is so excited to bring Foodland Farms to the West Side of Oahu,” said Jenai S. Wall, Foodland Chairman and CEO. “We see each new store as an opportunity to raise the bar on our offerings and services, so we think carefully about our customers and what we can do to excite and delight them. Here, we have focused our efforts on providing new, easy ways for Oahu’s West Side families to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with each other, whether they want to dine at a restaurant, pick up a quick meal to go, or cook like a chef at home. We look forward to having the community experience and enjoy all we have created just for them!”
Exclusive to Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i is Mahi ‘ai Table, a full-service restaurant and bar located right inside the store spotlighting a fun, creative and oh-so-mouthwatering menu of local farm-to-table dishes big on inventive ingredient and flavor combinations.
Start lunch or dinner with a bowl of Beef Luau, with slow-braised short ribs, luau leaf and Ho Farms lomi tomato and tomato water, followed by a Hawaii Meats Beef Burger, topped with MA‘O Organic Farms Sassy Mix greens, Sweet Land Farm gouda and cremini mushroom marmalade on a La Tour Bakehouse potato bun. Or try an Island Fresh Shoyu Ahi Poke DIY Kit you put together at your table and, for dessert, Lilikoi Caramel Malasada Crullers. Consider these a mere fraction of the food temptations you’ll find on Mahi ‘ai Table’s awesome menu of small-plate appetizers, salads, sandwiches and burgers, pizzas, bowls, large plates, desserts, and breakfast and brunch toasts and pastries, imagined up by Foodland Chief Food Officer Keoni Chang, Restaurant Chef de Cuisine Jonathan Donoghue and Corporate Chefs Brian Nagai and Rebekah “Bekah” DeCosta.
For Mahi ‘ai Table’s cocktail menu, Foodland Corporate Mixologist Matt Rosskopf wanted to incorporate local flavors into classic cocktails while maintaining their tasty nostalgia. His fresh-forward Mahi ‘ai Table signature libations include the Calamansi Pineapple Sour, Julip Lemonade Smash and Second City Pimm’s Cup, plus a selection of fun, tasty eye-opening Morning Libations for breakfast and brunch.
Try the House Bloody Maria – crafted with a housemade “local-kine” Bloody Mary mix – a Melemele Mimosa or the House Red Sangria to properly accompany the first meal of the day. The refreshing beverage menu at Mahi ‘ai Table also includes daily fresh juice, wellness boosts, tea, coffee, mocktails, draught and bottled beer and wine.
Mahi ‘ai Table is open for lunch and dinner daily, and also offers fast-casual breakfast on weekdays and brunch on weekends. Reservations are recommended. A maximum of four guests per dining party is allowed. Wellness checks, including touchless temperature reading, the wearing of masks until your initial order is delivered, and social distancing measures are required while dining in.
Also exciting and new at Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i:
• Brand-New Chef Essentials Products: Foodland’s very own Chef Keoni Chang has created an extensive array of housemade marinades, dressings, stock, broth, spice rubs, dips and vinaigrettes to inspire your home cooking adventures and help you aspire to top chef heights. Chef Essentials selections include Ginger Scallion Pesto, Umami Gravy, Lemongrass Ginger Garlic Marinade, Beef Bone Broth, Kimchi Caesar Dressing, Hot Pot Broth, Minced Garlic Olive Oil Marinade, Lilikoi White Balsamic Dressing and more, as well as Pulehu, Adobo, Linguica and Cajun Spice Rubs.
• Grab-and-Go Complete Family Meals: Don’t have time to cook at home but looking to have a home-cooked-style meal with your family? Check out the mouthwatering selection of pre-cooked, chef-made family meals for four – packed with a main dish and side dish – you can simply reheat in your kitchen and enjoy. Try the Guava Sesame BBQ Rib Tips meal with Ewa corn, Ho Farms tomatoes, and macaroni and cheese, or maybe the Hawaiian Chili and Lehua Honey Grilled Salmon meal with Okinawan potatoes, taro and kale topped with toasted pine nuts. If you feel like firing up the home kitchen a bit, the family meals lineup also features cook-at-home kits, including a Bulgogi Steak Taco Kit, Oven-Baked Chicken Katsu Curry Kit and Miso-Glazed Pork Roast Kit. Super yum!
• Build-Your-Own Bowl Station: New and exclusive to Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i, the tasty made-to-order bowl meals – packed with greens, grains and proteins you choose – will not only fill you up, but up your energy for the day, too. Building a bowl is easy, fun and super satisfying. Begin your customized bowl or salad meal by choosing your favorite base ingredient – multiple rice, noodle and greens varieties. Next, add a protein – you’ll have everything from lemon roasted chicken, kalua pork and seared salmon, to broiled marinated tofu, Beyond Beef kofta and more to choose from. Finally, add fresh vegetables (corn, black beans, cucumber, peppers, etc.), marinated toppings (Sichuan green beans, marinated chickpeas, Korean chili sweet potato, etc.), raw toppings (green papaya salad, shaved beets with radish, pea sprout namul, etc.), sauces (kimchi Caesar, charred green onion and jalapeño, creamy Greek, etc.) and finishing “top offs” (fried shallots, wonton strips, furikake, pepitas, etc.) to complete your bowl. The flavor and ingredient combination possibilities are endless. Your satisfaction is guaranteed because you built it from the bottom of the bowl to the top just the way you like it.
• Get Hungry. Chow Down: Come hungry and prepare to be overwhelmed by the new hot bar! Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i is stocked with an insanely tempting array of pre-packed, ready-to-take-out-and-chow-down food favorites, including vegetarian Sesame Mochiko “Chicken”, Kung Pao Turkey Meatballs, grilled Teri Burger Sliders, Sriracha Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, Kalua Pork and Fried Egg Handheld Breakfast Wraps with lomi tomato and more. Or opt for one of the bento meals, like a Sake Ginger Shrimp bento with roasted bok choy and miso mushroom polenta, or a Sweet Potato and Eggplant Curry bento with brown rice and sesame broccoli.
• Refreshing Juice and Boosts: Sip on fresh juice made in-house daily, including Omaomao green juice made with fresh kale, spinach, green apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger. Think a smoothie would be groovy? Try a Mango Tango or Triple Berry Blast smoothie and put an extra spring in your step with a wellness boost like the Hawaiian Spirulina Antioxidant boost and Organic Raw Noni Balance Boost.
• Wrapped-with-Everything-You-Want Burritos: Chow down on mouthwatering burritos, burrito bowls and street tacos that satisfy because – like with the Bowls station – everything in ‘em is your call. Choose from chicken al pastor, carne asada, pork carnitas, carne molida and a Beyond Beef molida vegetarian option. Then add in roasted corn, fajita vegetables, cilantro lime rice, refried beans, pickled jalepeño, red onion and more. Finally, don’t forget to sauce your order up with kochujang aioli, guacamole, adobo aioli, chimichurri, pico de gallo, salsa verde and other fun finishing sauces.
• Healthy Eats You’ll Crave: In addition to an abundant selection of plant-based, gluten-free, keto and paleo foods on Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i’s shelves, you’ll find Foodland’s very-own Maika‘i ulu hummus made with ulu from the island of Hawaii, as well as locally made grain-free granolas and granola power bars crafted by the store’s in-house chefs and packed with good-for-you ingredients like blueberries, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, dried apples and cranberries, vanilla, agave syrup and more. The store will also always be fully stocked with your favorite Maika‘i snacks, including organic roasted seaweed, roasted nuts, dried fruits and a variety of tasty trail mixes.
• HI Steaks: West Oahu’s first HI Steaks location features all of the local-style sirloin plates and burgers, steak sandwiches and salads, and all of the ono sides you already love from other locations, and much more for the carnivore. Order à la carte or create a mix plate with menu favorites like Lilikoi BBQ Steak, Garlic Chicken, Ginger Shoyu BBQ Chicken, Kiawe Guava Smoked Meat, Local Style Garlic Butter Shrimp and more. Other delicious HI Steaks selections include Steak Saimin, Sirloin Steak Salad, Garlic Butter Fries, and for breakfast, a Truffle Smoked Meat Sandwich, a Steak and Eggs plate and build-your-own Egg Scrambles.
• Calabash Meal Kits by Foodland: Pulehu Steak with Spicy Sambal Hamakua Mushrooms. Lup Cheong-Crusted Fresh Catch. Pork Hash Loco Moco with Shoyu Mustard Gravy. Foodland’s popular lineup of easy-to-cook, mix-and-match meal kits with all the fresh ingredients – from meat, fish and vegetables, to noodles, rice, sauces and more – and all the step-by-step guidance you need to cook a delicious, restaurant-quality meal at home in a half-hour or less makes its West Oahu debut at Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i.
• Foodland to You: Foodland’s online shopping service for West Oahu means everything you want from Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i is just one click away, for your convenience. Shop from any device to order your groceries then the store’s personal shoppers will shop for you, gathering the items you choose and prepping them for curbside pickup (convenient quick-pickup parking stalls are located right in front of the store) or delivery directly to your home. Ordering is made simple at www.shop.foodland.com.
• Meat and Poultry and Seafood: Ask your butchers. Ask your fishmongers. They’re ready to answer your questions and procure the cuts you want in the serving sizes you desire at the store’s full-service dedicated meat and seafood counters. You’ll also find more varieties of your favorite meats and seafoods for purchase pre-marinated or awaiting your own secret seasoning. Plus, mouthwatering housemade burgers made with 100 percent grass-fed local beef, fresh chef-made sausages and smoked meats.
• An Abundance of Fresh, Local Produce: Foodland loves local farms and farmers, and Foodland Farms Ka Makana Ali‘i’s produce department will definitely show it! Cook at home with the best locally grown produce and ingredients from island farms, including MA‘O Organic Farms, Ho Farms, Sumida Watercress Farm, Frankie’s Nursery, Mari’s Gardens, Kahanu Aina Greens and more.
Foodland Farms Ka Makana Aliʻi is located in The Grove at Ka Makana Aliʻi at 91-5431 Kapolei Parkway. The store is open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mahi‘ai Table is open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, with breakfast served from 6 to 11 a.m. and lunch served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, dinner served from 4 to 8 p.m. daily, and brunch served from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, visit Foodland.com and MahiaiTable.com, or call (808) 670-2770.